Contact us for fast reliable service
Welborn Electric: (336) 292-3897
Residential Electricians in Greensboro NC
At Welborn Electric we understand how important your home is to you. We know that everyone needs to provide the safest environment for their children and family.According to the national fire Protection Association,
” U.S. fire departments responded to an estimated annual average of 47,820 reported home structure fires involving electrical failure or malfunction. These fires resulted in 455 civilian deaths, 1,518 civilian injuries and $1.5 billion in direct property damage”.
- (48%) of home electrical failure fires involved electrical distribution or lighting equipment.
- The leading other known type of equipment involved in home electrical failure fires are washer or dryer, fans, and portable or stationary space heater.
- U.S. fire departments responded to an estimated average of 22,410 reported home structure fires involving electrical distribution or lighting equipment. These fires resulted in 325 civilian fire deaths, 950 civilian fire injuries, and $817 million in direct property damage.
Residential Electrical Saftey Tips
- Replace or repair damaged or loose electrical cords.
- Avoid running extension cords across doorways or under carpets.
- In homes with small children, make sure your home has tamper-resistant (TR) receptacles.
- Consider having additional circuits or outlets added by a qualified electrician so you do not have to use extension cords.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for plugging an appliance into a receptacle outlet.
- Avoid overloading outlets. Plug only one high-wattage appliance into each receptacle outlet at a time.
- If outlets or switches feel warm, frequent problems with blowing fuses or tripping circuits, or flickering or dimming lights, call a qualified electrician.
- Place lamps on level surfaces, away from things that can burn and use bulbs that match the lamp’s recommended wattage.
- Make sure your home has ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs) in the kitchen bathroom(s), laundry, basement, and outdoor areas.
- Arc-fault circuit interrupters (AFCIs) should be installed in your home to protect electrical outlets.
Residential Electrical Services
- Lighting Design
- Lighting Audits
- Monthly Inspections
- Landscape Lighting
- Parking Lot Lighting & Repair
- Lighting Upgrades
- Occupancy Sensors
- Energy Audits
- Energy Saving Controls (Timers, Etc.)
- Energy Efficient Lamps & Fixture Upgrades
- New Electrical Services
- Electric Service Upgrades and Repairs
- Thermography Imaging
- New Construction
- Office & Retail Up Fits and Additions
- Electrical DemService Work and Repairs
- Door Bell / Buzzer Wiring For Front and Rear Entry Doors
- CAT5e Network Wiring and Cabling